Re: Any Softwares related to engineering field available for Debian?

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 18:00, David Goodenough wrote:
On Friday 24 September 2004 05:13, Siju George wrote:
> Thanks a lot Clifton for the reply! I haven't heard of Octave! i'll
> try to find out from net meanwhile if you have helpful links please
> post them.
octave is very useful and is somewhat compatible with Matlab (i think, or was it mathcad?), but I did use it for doing signal processing stuff at Uni a few years back and it did quite a good job. the interface is a bit rough though :)

another one that might be useful is dia if you are in need of UML, network diagrams, circuit diagrams, logic, etc.

Cheers

Blake Swadling
Senior Software Engineer
Newton Pty Ltd