DMA issue

I have the following:
	ABIT KD7A
	Athlon XP 2800+
	Western Digital 180GB (WD1800BB)
	Generic 16x DVD-ROM

And am getting:
 hda: dma_timer_expiry: dma status == 0x21
 hda: DMA interrupt recovery
 hda: DMA timeout error
 hda: DMA timeout error: status=0xd0 { Busy }

 hda: DMA disabled
 ide0: reset: success
 hda: lost interrupt
hda: task_out_intr: status=0x59 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest Error }
 hda: task_out_intr: error=0x00 { }

hda: DMA disabled
hda: drive not ready for command
ide0 reset: success

Regularly. The drive will reset (with an audible click), then do a little more and timeout again. I'm trying to install Sarge running 2.6.8, but the same problem happens with 2.4.26. I've tried booting with noacpi, nodma, ide=nodma and noapic with no success. I've tried different combos of connecting the drives, both on primary, dvd on secondary, etc. I've disabled DMA in the BIOS, but it still seems to try to use it. I've reset the BIOS. Is there anything else I can try? Anyone else running one of these boards? Based on the dmesg output, it doesn't seem like the noapic arg does anything on this board.

Please CC, I'm not subscribed.

Josh Lauricha
laurichj@bioinfo.ucr.edu