Re: All these open ports

Tom Allison wrote:
More importantly today is to understand how 99.9% of the virus and malware is transmitted today. It's not through unfiltered ports and such as described in your original email, but through the email mechanism (or http) itself. And while I don't have any hard numbers at my desk to support the 99.9% claim, I don't believe it to be too far off the mark.

My machine at home receives some kind of port scan on average about every three seconds. That's a lot higher rate than it receives spam. Am I the 0.1%?

Cheers, Dave