Re: Why won't XMMS play .au files?

On Wednesday 22 September 2004 14:00, Johann Koenig wrote:

> On Wednesday September 22 at 07:36am
> Adam Funk <a24061@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> But it will *not* play any of these files:
>
> Well, what happens when you try? Your description leaves a lot to the
> imagination. My imagination says 'user error.'

Good point, sorry.  When I try to run it from the command line
   $ xmms *.au &
XMMS launches but shows an empty playlist and opens the dialogue box
for adding files to the playlist.  When I try to add these files using
that dialogue it won't add them.

This is the same behaviour that occurs with file types that XMMS can't
play (e.g. trying to play non-audio files by mistake or audio files of
an unsuitable WAVE type).