Re: How to start NTPD?

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:17:36 -0400, JoeHill <joehill@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> In installed the NTP, as well as the ntp-docs, and for the life of me I can't
> figure out how to start ntpd. There does not even appear to be an 'ntpd'
> anywhere...

ntpd is provided by the packages ntp-refclock and ntp-simple. The
package ntp is a collection of utilities. and as the page

notes: "...this package [ntp] no longer includes the actual daemon.
You will need either ntp-simple or ntp-refclock, depending on whether
you want the drivers for radio clocks included in the refclock version
of the daemon."

For sorting through questions of this sort the package search faciilities here:

...will prove invaluable.

No no no, my fish's name is Eric, Eric the fish. He's an halibut.
I am not a looney! Why should I be attired with the epithet looney
merely  because  I have a pet halibut?