Re: Moving existing setup to a competely new server

--- Andreas Janssen <andreas.janssen@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> If you use a standard Debian kernel and the processor type is the same,
> all you have to do is to configure and install the bootloader. You can
> do that by booting from a Debian CD/DVD or boot floppy and loading the
> copied system.

Then I could probably tranfer the whole OLD file system with exception of the
bootloader and its config files, i.e. I can transfer everything except for
/boot. If so, that would be a great news. Do I understand you correctly?

Thanks a lot for your help.