Re: Suggestions Invited

I was once a Gentoo fan for its emerge and quick releases, but I too got sick
of compiling everything (and re-compiling when I made config mistakes) so I
switched to Debian.  I couldn't be happier.  I have far fewer problems, far
less hassle and since I use "unstable" I have pretty much the latest
packages.  Every once in a while I have to roll back to a previous version of
something for awhile, but for the most part, it's solid.  Gentoo is great for
what it is; just realize what it is: a compiled-from-scratch distribution.
For most people, that means it's a weekend toy, not a daily system you can
depend on.  Debian is all about being easy to get up and keep up.

 Sean O'Dell