ipssend on xseries 335

Hi all,

did anyone managed to query the status of the raid controller which is
integrated on the ibm xseries 335?

lspci lists the controller like so:
LSI Logic / Symbios Logic 53c1030 PCI-X Fusion-MPT Dual Ultra320 SCSI (rev 07)

The machine ships with a bunch of cdroms. One of those is called "serveraid"
or so and there is a tool called ipssend on it. I know this tool from our
other ibm boxes (netfinity 5500), it works great there. But not on the that
xseries.

I want to get mailed, if there's a hard disk failure on the raid drive. It's
not a problem to write a scipt which parses the output of some console
program but first I have to find it.

TIA

Timo