Re: router problem

Werner Otto wrote:

Hi All,

I recently bout a Zoom X5 Router modem. I set it up on Windows XP Pro
with no errors. I booted into Debian with no problem and worked 100%.
I then logged off and a few days later logged back into Debian and did
not work. I am unable to ping any hostname or localhost. I changed
nothing. I made sure that my nameserver in /etc/resolv.conf was set to
10.0.0.2. My /etc/network/interfaces file has the line auto dhcp and
iface eth0 inet dhcp in it, with the fallback lo interface.

The errors that I get at bootup are: DHCPNAK with no active lease 10.0.0.2
DROPPED IN= OUT=eth0 SRC=10.0.0.10 DST=10.0.0.255 LEN=260 TOS=0x00
PREC=0x00 TTL=64 ID=1 DF PROTO=UDP SPT=138 DPT=138 LEN=240. This error
sequence seems to display indefinate.

I am a newby when it comes to router configuration. Could someone
please point me in the right direction?
--
Kind Regards
Otto

Possibly a silly question but have you tried switching the router off/on?