Re: Developing flash on debian

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 03:06:06AM +0100 or thereabouts, Pigeon wrote:

> There is another issue that I can see with flash (and please correct
> me if I'm not accurate :-) ) which is the monolithic, binary nature of
> the files - in fact this leads to two issues:

<snip for space>

You're quite right -- It's not called "rich media" for no reason. ;)

As consumers move to broadband, there is a demand for Rich Media front ends.
However, the astute web developer will allow for the needs of low bandwidth

Even the 'wankers' that make the obscene splash pages, are getting a clue, in
that it's important to give one the choice to skip the intro.

  Monday Sep 20 2004 11:26:01 PM EDT
All the evidence concerning the universe has not yet been collected,
so there's still hope.