Re: Developing flash on debian

On Sun, Sep 19, 2004 at 07:54:13PM -0400 or thereabouts, Michael Marsh wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 18:43:07 -0400, Carl Fink <carl@fink.to> wrote:
> > Well, the most obvious is flashblock.
>
> I don't think that's what Pigeon had in mind, useful though it is.
> I think what he(?) meant was something that extracts the navigation
> URLs within a flash animation so that the site is navigable.  For
> example, many sites have a flash-based homepage with no
> non-flash links presented, so if you're not running flash, the site
> is useless.

Actually NOT so -- I would think these kind of Flash sites are in the minority,
at least in 2004.

Most of you are appear to be behind recent Flash technology which provides
developers with the ability to make their Flash available to people with
Disabilities. Of course the official Flash product provides this feature, often
3rd party Flash applications don't provide any mechansim to make Flash
accessible.

Additonally many Flash developers don't make the obscene splash pages that we
all hate. Things have moved on, and improved. Not all Flash developers are
morons. ;)

For accessibility reference in Flash see;

<http://www.macromedia.com/macromedia/accessibility/features/flash/>

--
Steve
  Monday Sep 20 2004 08:16:01 AM EDT