Re: ATI 3D acceleleration and dpkg-divert

Hi,

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 01:13:55 +0200, Nicolas de Sereville
<deserevi@ieec.fcr.es> wrote:
> Wim De Smet wrote:
> >On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 22:23:23 +0200, Nicolas de Sereville
> ><deserevi@ieec.fcr.es> wrote:
> >>Running the "groups" command shows that the user belongs to the video
> >>group. Also, the fglrx  module is loaded (I can see it with lsmod). I
> >>think my problem is more related to the instalation procedure and the
> >>use of dpkg-divert since I managed to have 3d acceleration with the
> >>former version of the xserver but overwriting the libGL library.
> >>

> >Sounds good, but just to be sure check your xfree startup log. I had
> >this fail a while back because of AGP support problems. I can't help
> >you much with dpkg-divert, but as I recall from trying to change
> >things myself the manpages aren't very helpfull and I'm doubtfull if
> >they are correct.
> >

> Well, looking at the logs from XFree86.0.log, I can see the following:
>
> [snip logs]

You can select somewhere in the config of X to use an external
agpgart. Try compiling agpgart as a module for your kernel (or if you
have done that already that would be even better), make sure the fglrx
module isn't loaded and load the appropiate agpgart module. Don't
forget to edit the X config on this point! Then start X and see if it
can connect to it.

At least, that's what I would do.

greets,
Wim