Re: ATI 3D acceleleration and dpkg-divert

Hi,
On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 22:23:23 +0200, Nicolas de Sereville
<deserevi@ieec.fcr.es> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Wim De Smet wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 18:53:58 +0200, Nicolas de Sereville
> ><deserevi@ieec.fcr.es> wrote:
> >

> >>Hi list,
> >>
> >>I have an Ati 9600XT graphical card and I want to get 3D acceleration
> >>with the propriatary drivers (fglrx). I am using debian Sid with the
> >>last xserver version (4.3.0.dfsg.1-7).
> >>
> >>[install stuff...]
> >>

> >Are you sure the user you're running fglrxinfo with has access to
> >opengl (eg member of group video) and that you have the ATI kernel
> >module installed?
> >

> Running the "groups" command shows that the user belongs to the video
> group. Also, the fglrx  module is loaded (I can see it with lsmod). I
> think my problem is more related to the instalation procedure and the
> use of dpkg-divert since I managed to have 3d acceleration with the
> former version of the xserver but overwriting the libGL library.

Sounds good, but just to be sure check your xfree startup log. I had
this fail a while back because of AGP support problems. I can't help
you much with dpkg-divert, but as I recall from trying to change
things myself the manpages aren't very helpfull and I'm doubtfull if
they are correct.

greets,
Wim