Re: Firefox and Mozilla memory usage issues

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 21:44:17 +0100 (BST), [KS]
<boneywasawarriorvayayix@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I mostly use Firefox or Mozilla for my web browsing
> purposes. Both programs are great and provide the user
> with a lot of choice for configuration and using
> features and extensions.
>
> However, I have noticed that if I use Firefox for a
> long time, it tends to eat up a lot of memory. And I
> mean "a lot" of memory. Last night, almost all my
> 256MB of RAM was full. The only programs running

Sounds familiar to me. I have about 1GB ram and yesterday I saw my
hard disk LED was continuously on. When I checked with free, I was
surprised to see some swap space being used. I thought my hard disk or
ram is probably going bad and did not bother to do much research.
Incidentally I was running firefox along with other apps such as
thunderbird. Cannot pin point to firefox but something fishy is going
on if it is not my hardware problem....

I am also using debian sid, running 2.6.7-1-386 and is updated daily.

raju