Lcd4linux ./configure and make problem.

Dear: Fellow Debian Users;

I am having problems trying to get ./configure to generate a make file
for Lcd4linux. Below is the output for the program.  It stops with an
error message "configure: error: X11 headers or libraries not
available: X11 driver disabled".

This of course is taken from the last line of the below information. I
will also include the document configure.in as an attachment; which
the INSTALL readme says to adjust for making the make file. I have no
idea as to what I need to change in the file to make it work.
If you want to check the source its available at,
http://lcd4linux.sourceforge.net/.

Thanks;

Rthoreau
./configure
checking for working aclocal-1.4... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake-1.4... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... no
checking for c++... no
checking for gpp... no
checking for aCC... no
checking for CC... no
checking for cxx... no
checking for cc++... no
checking for cl... no
checking for FCC... no
checking for KCC... no
checking for RCC... no
checking for xlC_r... no
checking for xlC... no
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... no
checking whether g++ accepts -g... no
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for log in -lm... yes
checking for egrep... grep -E
configure: checking location of ncurses.h file...
Found ncurses on /usr/include/ncurses.h
checking for ncurses version... 5.4
checking for X... no
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking gd/gd.h usability... no
checking gd/gd.h presence... no
checking for gd/gd.h... no
checking gd.h usability... no
checking gd.h presence... no
checking for gd.h... no
checking which drivers to compile... done
configure: WARNING: gd.h not found: PNG driver disabled
configure: WARNING: gd.h not found: PNG driver disabled
configure: error: X11 headers or libraries not available: X11 driver
disabled
#                                               -*- Autoconf -*-
# Process this file with autoconf to produce a configure script.

AC_PREREQ(2.57)
AC_INIT([LCD4Linux],[0.9.11],[reinelt@eunet.at])
AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR([lcd4linux.c])
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(lcd4linux,0.9.11)
AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)

# Checks for programs.
AC_PROG_CC
AC_PROG_CXX
AC_PROG_AWK
# Using `AC_PROG_RANLIB' is rendered
# obsolete by `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL' :-(
AC_PROG_RANLIB
# Deactivating libtool for the moment until
# we find a way this beast works cleanly...
#AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
#AM_PROG_LIBTOOL

# Checks for libraries.
AC_CHECK_LIB(m, log)

# curses
sinclude(curses.m4)
AC_CHECK_CURSES

# Checks for X11
AC_PATH_XTRA

# check for gd.h
AC_CHECK_HEADERS(gd/gd.h gd.h, [has_gd=true], [has_gd=false])

# drivers
AC_MSG_CHECKING([which drivers to compile])
AC_ARG_WITH(
  drivers,
  [  --with-drivers=<list>   compile driver for displays in <list>,]
  [                        drivers may be separated with commas,]
  [                        'all' (default) compiles all available drivers,]
  [                        drivers may be excluded with 'all,!<driver>',]
  [                        (try 'all,\!<driver>' if your shell complains...)]
  [                        possible drivers are:]
  [                        BeckmannEgle, CrystalFontz, Cwlinux, HD44780,]
  [                        M50530, T6963, USBLCD, MatrixOrbital, PalmPilot]
  [                        PNG, PPM, X11, Text],
  drivers=$withval,
  drivers=all
)

drivers=`echo $drivers|sed 's/,/ /g'`

for driver in $drivers; do

   case $driver in
      !*)
         val="no"
         driver=`echo $driver|cut -c 2-`
         ;;
       *)
         val="yes"
         ;;
   esac

   case "$driver" in
      all)
         BECKMANNEGLE="yes"
         CRYSTALFONTZ="yes"
         CWLINUX="yes"
         HD44780="yes"
         M50530="yes"
         T6963="yes"
         USBLCD="yes"
         MATRIXORBITAL="yes"
         PALMPILOT="yes"
         PNG="yes"
         PPM="yes"
         TEXT="yes"
         X11="yes"
         ;;
      BeckmannEgle)
         BECKMANNEGLE=$val
         ;;
      CrystalFontz)
         CRYSTALFONTZ=$val
         ;;
      Cwlinux)
         CWLINUX=$val
         ;;
      HD44780)
         HD44780=$val
	 ;;
      M50530)
         M50530=$val
         ;;
      T6963)
         T6963=$val
         ;;
      USBLCD)
         USBLCD=$val
         ;;
      MatrixOrbital)
         MATRIXORBITAL=$val
         ;;
      PalmPilot)
         PALMPILOT=$val
         ;;
      PNG)
         PNG=$val
         ;;
      PPM)
         PPM=$val
         ;;
      SIN)
         SIN=$val
         ;;
      Skeleton)
         SKELETON=$val
         ;;
      Text)
         TEXT=$val
         ;;
      X11)
         X11=$val
         ;;
      *)
         AC_MSG_ERROR([Unknown driver '$driver'])
         ;;
   esac
done

AC_MSG_RESULT([done])

RASTER="no"
PARPORT="no"

if test "$BECKMANNEGLE" = "yes"; then
   DRIVERS="$DRIVERS BeckmannEgle.o"
   AC_DEFINE(WITH_BECKMANNEGLE,1,[junk])
fi

if test "$CRYSTALFONTZ" = "yes"; then
   DRIVERS="$DRIVERS Crystalfontz.o"
   AC_DEFINE(WITH_CRYSTALFONTZ,1,[junk])
fi

if test "$CWLINUX" = "yes"; then
   DRIVERS="$DRIVERS Cwlinux.o"
   AC_DEFINE(WITH_CWLINUX,1,[junk])
fi

if test "$HD44780" = "yes"; then
   PARPORT="yes"
   DRIVERS="$DRIVERS HD44780.o"
   AC_DEFINE(WITH_HD44780,1,[junk])
fi

if test "$M50530" = "yes"; then
   PARPORT="yes"
   DRIVERS="$DRIVERS M50530.o"
   AC_DEFINE(WITH_M50530,1,[junk])
fi

if test "$T6963" = "yes"; then
   PARPORT="yes"
   DRIVERS="$DRIVERS T6963.o"
   AC_DEFINE(WITH_T6963,1,[junk])
fi

if test "$USBLCD" = "yes"; then
   DRIVERS="$DRIVERS USBLCD.o"
   AC_DEFINE(WITH_USBLCD,1,[junk])
fi

if test "$MATRIXORBITAL" = "yes"; then
   DRIVERS="$DRIVERS MatrixOrbital.o"
   AC_DEFINE(WITH_MATRIXORBITAL,1,[junk])
fi

if test "$PALMPILOT" = "yes"; then
   DRIVERS="$DRIVERS PalmPilot.o"
   AC_DEFINE(WITH_PALMPILOT,1,[junk])
fi

if test "$PNG" = "yes"; then
   if test "$has_gd" = "true"; then
      RASTER="yes"
      AC_DEFINE(WITH_PNG,1,[junk])
      DRVLIBS="$DRVLIBS -lgd"
   else
      AC_MSG_WARN(gd.h not found: PNG driver disabled)
   fi
fi

if test "$PPM" = "yes"; then
   if test "$has_gd" = "true"; then
      RASTER="yes"
      AC_DEFINE(WITH_PPM,1,[junk])
   else
      AC_MSG_WARN(gd.h not found: PNG driver disabled)
   fi
fi

if test "$SIN" = "yes"; then
   DRIVERS="$DRIVERS SIN.o"
   AC_DEFINE(WITH_SIN,1,[junk])
fi

if test "$SKELETON" = "yes"; then
   DRIVERS="$DRIVERS Skeleton.o"
   AC_DEFINE(WITH_SKELETON,1,[junk])
fi

if test "$TEXT" = "yes"; then
   if test "$has_curses" = true; then
      DRIVERS="$DRIVERS Text.o"
      DRVLIBS="$DRVLIBS $CURSES_LIBS"
      CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS $CURSES_INCLUDES"
      AC_DEFINE(WITH_TEXT,1,[junk])
   else
      AC_MSG_WARN(curses not found: Text driver disabled)
   fi
fi

if test "$X11" = "yes"; then
   if test "$no_x" = "yes"; then
      AC_MSG_ERROR(X11 headers or libraries not available: X11 driver disabled)
   else
      DRIVERS="$DRIVERS XWindow.o"
      DRVLIBS="$DRVLIBS -L$ac_x_libraries -lX11"
      AC_DEFINE(WITH_X11,1,[junk])
   fi
fi

if test "$DRIVERS" = ""; then
   AC_MSG_ERROR([You should include at least one driver...])
fi

# Raster.o depends on PPM or PNG
if test "$RASTER" = "yes"; then
   DRIVERS="$DRIVERS Raster.o"
fi

# parport driver
if test "$PARPORT" = "yes"; then
   DRIVERS="$DRIVERS parport.o"
fi

AC_SUBST(DRIVERS)
AC_SUBST(DRVLIBS)

# Checks for header files.
AC_HEADER_STDC
AC_HEADER_SYS_WAIT
AC_CHECK_HEADERS([fcntl.h malloc.h netdb.h netinet/in.h stdlib.h string.h sys/ioctl.h sys/param.h sys/socket.h sys/time.h syslog.h termios.h unistd.h])
AC_CHECK_HEADERS(sys/io.h asm/io.h)
AC_CHECK_HEADERS(linux/parport.h linux/ppdev.h)
AC_CHECK_HEADERS(linux/dvb/frontend.h)
AC_CHECK_HEADERS(net/if_ppp.h)
AC_CHECK_HEADERS(asm/msr.h)

# Checks for typedefs, structures, and compiler characteristics.
AC_C_CONST
AC_C_INLINE
AC_TYPE_PID_T
AC_TYPE_SIZE_T
AC_HEADER_TIME
AC_TYPE_UID_T

# Checks for library functions.
AC_FUNC_ERROR_AT_LINE
AC_FUNC_FORK
AC_PROG_GCC_TRADITIONAL

#removed for uClibc compatibility
#AC_FUNC_MALLOC
#AC_FUNC_REALLOC

AC_FUNC_MEMCMP
AC_FUNC_SELECT_ARGTYPES
AC_TYPE_SIGNAL
AC_FUNC_STAT
AC_CHECK_FUNCS([atexit dup2 gethostbyname gettimeofday memset putenv select socket strcasecmp strncasecmp strchr strdup strerror strpbrk strrchr strstr strtol uname])

AC_CONFIG_FILES([Makefile])
AC_OUTPUT