Re: Lcd4linux ./configure and make problem.

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 10:57:59 -0500
Rthoreau <rcall@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Dear: Fellow Debian Users;
>
> I am having problems trying to get ./configure to generate a make file
> for Lcd4linux. Below is the output for the program.  It stops with an
> error message "configure: error: X11 headers or libraries not
> available: X11 driver disabled".
>
> This of course is taken from the last line of the below information. I
> will also include the document configure.in as an attachment; which
> the INSTALL readme says to adjust for making the make file. I have no
> idea as to what I need to change in the file to make it work.
> If you want to check the source its available at,
> http://lcd4linux.sourceforge.net/.
<snip>

It sounds like you're missing the development files for X. Try 'apt-get install xlibs-dev' and see if that fixes the problem. (Apt will want to install several other packages along with xlibs-dev, depending on how many you already have installed. This is expected, since xlibs-dev is a 'pseudopackage'; mainly there as an easy way to install it's dependencies.)

HTH,
Jacob