Re: how to change ugly themes i.e. acroread, xcdroast and other apps

Hi Stefan,

Your tips got me started and finally I got at least the gtk 1.x thing
figured out.

It's actually quite simple, but has a small bug (at least the way I did
it, maybe there is a simpler and better way)

That's the way I did it:

1. install themes that support gtk 1 (search for gtk-engines) and the
matching gtk2 themes (search for gtk2-engines) - Industrial is the one I
wanted.
2. install gtk-theme-switch (comes in two flavors: gtk-theme switch is
the one I wanted, gkt-theme-switch2 is the one for gnome 2)
3. use gtk-theme-switch - it will write a line in .gtkrc in ~. Which
will nevertheless be ignored by the gtk 1.x apps.

The line belongs into "~/.gtkrc.mine" which will be loaded by
~/.gtkrc-1.2-gnome2 - which, as it seems, is the replacement for .gtkrc
if gnome2 is used.

thank you
Pascal