Re: I have no /usr/src/linux/ sources

Andrea Vettorello wrote:
On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 06:10:46 -0700, Stefan O'Rear <stefanor@cox.net> wrote:

On Sat, Sep 18, 2004 at 06:03:01AM -0700, Eric Dickner wrote:
What am I missing here, besides these .h files?

Nothing.

How to cope:

# mkdir /usr/src/linux
# mkdir /usr/src/linux/include

This is only looking for trouble. You should not mess with files
managed by your package manager (dpkg). As a user you are only free to
create/copy files on your home or in /usr/local, any other location
should not be touched

/usr/src/ should be fine too touch manually.[Though I am not convinced this solution is correct, nothing should be referencing kernel headers except for kernel modules which generally need the exact version, ie install the appropriate kernel-headers package and create a symlink to /usr/src/linux/]