Re: Locked out! How to circumvent password urgently?

Anthony Campbell wrote:

Anthony

Sorry for this follow-up, but I've now discovered what the original
problem with the passwords was. The console keymap has somehow gone
wrong and is not generating the correct UK symbols for # ~ @ . This may
have happened in today's update from Sid - I'm not sure. Anyway, the
passwords I was using contained these characters so they were coming out
wrong when I typed them, but of course I couldn't see that!

So at least I hadn't been compromised - relief!

I once installed using a keyboard with a failed zed key. I chose a root password with a zed in it. Caused some puzzlement when I replaced the kbd:-)

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait