Re: Bootloader for Sarge

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 11:32:53PM -0500, Patrick Albuquerque wrote:
> > Matthew Jackson wrote:
> On it I have partitioned it into these:
> >/boot 250mb
> >/tmp 750mb
> >/var 1gb
> >/ 10gb
> >/usr 20gb
> >swap 1gb
> >/home remainder ~40gb
>

> I think you might find that /boot is about 10 times larger than
> necessary, and / is about 50 to 100 times what you need for a
> workstation.

I know what the reasons are for using seperate partitions,
but I just can't bother.  Linux isn't Unix, it's closer to
being Windows than it is Unix.  It's a crummy desktop O/S on
commodity Intel whiteboxes.

Just use one big giant / part and back up your data.  Who cares
about system files.  Get over yourself :-)