Apache2 (testing) cgi-bin doesn't execute?

Hi there,

I've got a test server running testing with both apache (1.3) and apache2 for some experiments with htdig. htdig uses the htsearch cgi-script in <server>/cgi-bin (which is mapped to /usr/lib/cgi-bin).

Curiously, when running apache everything works fine, the script is correctly executed, but when running apache2 the script is not executed but downloaded to the client. One reason or another the settings for cgi-bin in /etc/apache2/sites-available/default do not seem to be used properly. Nothing is logged in error.log.

What am I missing here? Is there a global, default directive disabling cgi in apache 2? A bug? Like I stated before, everything works fine with apache 1.3, so it cannot be an issue with priviliges.

Anyone got a clue?
Regards,

Iwan

---settings from /etc/apache2/sites-available/default --
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
<Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
   AllowOverride None
   Options ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
   Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>