Re: [Way OT] Re: GMAIL Invites..!

Patrick Wiseman <pwiseman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:<2EboG-7Qb-11@gated-at.bofh.it>...
[...]
> (I'm bottom-posting only because this list - uniquely, in my
> experience - insists on it.  You really should try reading your email
> in reverse chronological order.  It works.)

Top posting may work.  But I think bottom posting works better.
In fact, I don't understand why people ever want to top-post.
I guess the only reason is that many popular mailreaders do that
by default.  (I still don't understand why those mailreaders
do that in the first place.)

Let's put email aside for a moment.  When you write comments on
somebody else's statements, you usually do this:

  Mr. Blahblah states in the first chapter of his book that

        Blah blah blah . . .

  But I don't think his point stands in this context. . . .
  In the next chapter he re-inforces his argument by asserting

        Blah blah blah . . .

  At this point it becomes clear to me that he. . . .

I don't see how you can write this kind of comments in the top-posting
style.

And I don't see why email should be different.  You first quote others'
words and after that you add your comments or replies.  I think this
is more readable for majority of people than appending quotes at the
end of your writing.

Do you really think that appending all the quotations at the end is
more readable than the quote-then-comment style?  If you do, then
we have to agree to differ.

By the way, I do think "insisting" on bottom posting is a bit too
much. But I would like to kindly ask posters to bottom post because
that's more readable to me and I think to majority of the readers, too.
(And there are far more readers than writers, right?)

Cheers,
Ryo