Re: [Dave Thayer] Re: devfs -> udev, user mounting etc

On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 02:16:09PM +0200, Chris Searle wrote:

> However - I need the Lexar* links to go to /dev/sd?1 where ? is the sd
> device for each in turn - in the above example
>
> LexarSM -> /dev/sda1
> LexarCF -> /dev/sdb1
> LexarSD -> /dev/sdc1

I don't have any multi-function devices, so I'm afraid I can't be of much
help here.

> I also have another card reader (Unomas). That has empty vendor and
> model strings (note - this example from while I still had devfs style
> naming). How to match this one with SYSFS{???} ?

Have you tried udevruler with this plugged in? I made most of my rules by
snooping around /sys using lynx, but the udevruler program looks a lot
easier.

dt

--
Dave Thayer           | WARNING: Persons denying the existence of
Denver, Colorado USA  | robots may be robots themselves.