Re: bash completion does not work over ssh except as root

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004, Stefan O'Rear wrote:

-- BEGIN DATA BLOCK --
# enable bash completion in interactive shells

if [ "$PS1" -a -f /etc/bash_completion ]; then
   . /etc/bash_completion
fi
--  END DATA BLOCK  --

You need that or the equivilent in /etc/bash.bashrc or ~/.bashrc (it is
commented out by default in Woody).

--
The world's most effective spam filter:
       ln -sf /dev/full /var/mail/$USER

Yes, but the comment to that code (which you left out) is

    # enable programmable completion features (you don't need to enable
    # this, if it's already enabled in /etc/bash.bashrc).

I have it uncommented out in /etc/bash.bashrc. Isn't that enough? If not, I think this is a bug, as it contradicts the comment.

                                                               Faheem.