Partitioning a second hard disk

Hi,

I am a (generally) linux newbie trying to jump in the deep end of learning linux.
I have read a lot of documentation on the correct way to partition a hard disk
by placing /, /home, /usr, /var, /boot, /tmp and obviously /swap on their own
partitions, the size requirements and physical layout of the drive. My machine
does not have any other OS's on it and has a second hard drive. I have not
touched this second hard drive partitioning wise and it has nothing on it. I am
trying to set up a semi debian workstation/file server and would like to use
this second 80gb hard drive.
What is the correct way to partition this disk when it will contain only
documents and data? I have an existing 25Gb /home directory on the first 40gb
hard drive but don't know whether to enable the full 80gb second drive as /home.
Can you have two /home directories on separate disks? Do I need another
partition on the second drive as swap? I'd appreciate any help regarding this
matter.

Thank you very much for our time.

Scott.