Re: exim-tls removed from sid and sarge?

On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 13:37, J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 00:37:14 -0400, Carl Fink wrote:
> > I just noticed that all outgoing mail from my system is sitting
> > frozen in the queue.  I send using my ISP (panix.com) as a smarthost,
> > and apparently exim-tls was removed from sid and sarge
>
> See http://bugs.debian.org/188170 .
>
> > Note:  sarge system using exim (not exim4).
>
> Exim3 is no longer being developed upstream; exim4 is the default MTA for
> sarge. All exim4 packages, including exim4-daemon-light, have been built
> with support for TLS encryption.

What he said. The new setup for exim v4 you need to be careful about is
the "one big file" or 100 seperate files in numerical order and
update-exim4.conf --keep-comments to make the big file out of the
smaller one.

Personally, I like the breakdown of all the files. Allows me to work it
like sysVinit and such...

There is much to do with exim v4. The Daemon Heavy is compiled with
exiscan/ACL so it'll do some really fun stuff with AV and SPAM thingers.

--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, better, faster: Linux