Re: forms.c and forms.h

Paul Akkermans wrote:

> I want to use the library forms.h and forms.c and buf.h but my Debian system says
> that it can not find these files. Does anybody know which package I have to
> download (via apt-get) to get these libraries included in my Debian system?

Apt-file gives several possibilities:

$ sudo apt-file update
$ apt-file search forms.h | grep '/forms.h$'
libforms-dev: usr/X11R6/include/X11/forms.h
libvdk1-dev: usr/include/vdk/forms.h
libvdk2-dev: usr/include/vdk2/vdk/forms.h
$ apt-file search buf.h | grep '/buf.h$'
genesis: usr/include/genesis/buf.h
postgresql-dev: usr/include/postgresql/server/storage/buf.h

I'm guessing you want Xforms, in the libforms-dev package, although that
doesn't seem to contain a buf.h.  It would be helpful if you knew what
the library was called, instead of just the filenames of its header
files.  Using "apt-cache show <package>" on each of the above might help
you decide.

Also, you are unlikely to find a package containing "forms.c"; any
package in Debian would have it compiled into a static or dynamic
library (.a or .so file) which you then link against.  If you really do
want the source code, you can get it with "apt-get source <package>".

regards,

GPG public key ID: 4F83C751                 Princeton, NJ 08544