Re: exim-tls removed from sid and sarge?

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 07:37:55PM +0200, J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 00:37:14 -0400, Carl Fink wrote:
> > I just noticed that all outgoing mail from my system is sitting
> > frozen in the queue.  I send using my ISP (panix.com) as a smarthost,
> > and apparently exim-tls was removed from sid and sarge
>
> See http://bugs.debian.org/188170 .

Thanks.

> Exim3 is no longer being developed upstream; exim4 is the default MTA for
> sarge. All exim4 packages, including exim4-daemon-light, have been built
> with support for TLS encryption.

Actually, given this I'm more likely to set up a Postfix installation
on my box.  I administer a Postfix server anyway, and this way I
don't have to learn a new system.  I was only keeping Exim3 out of
inertia in any case.
--
Carl Fink             carl@fink.to
Jabootu's Minister of Proofreading