PostScripts suddenly too big -- help me diagnose

Hello all,

After returning from a long vacation a few weeks ago, I discovered that
converting a text file to PostScript used fonts that were too large
(widthwise; heightwise they are OK though the spacing seems a little
cramped). For example,

  enscript -q --font="Courier11" --no-header --margins=36:36:36:36 --mark-wrapped-lines=arrow -o - $MYTEXTFILE

now only prints out about 60 characters per line, running the rest off the
right-hand edge of the page. a2ps also yields similar behavior.

I ignored the problem in hopes that it would go away. ;) But, now it's
been a while and I need to correctly print text docs.

Any ideas on how to diagnose this?