Re: how to start jbidwatcher

On Monday 06 September 2004 11:10 am, Jacob S. wrote:

> If 'java -jar JBidWatcher-0.9.3.1.jar' works when run from the directory
> the .jar file is located in, I would say the next step is to test your
> shell script from the command line. See what errors it gives, copy/paste
> them here and we can work from there.
>
> (This assumes that the errors you listed for trying to JBidWatcher...jar
> earlier was because you weren't in the same directory as JBidWatcher at
> the time. If you were in the directory and it gave those errors, we'll
> need to do more troubleshooting before we get to the shell script.)
>
> HTH,
> Jacob

Thanks, if it helps, all this is being done in Debian Testing, using KDE
(konqueror)

I go to the directory where JBidWatcher-0.9.3.1.jar is located.
I open a terminal, type
./jbidwatcher.sh
...and it works!

On the other hand, if I go to "tools > execute shell command" then type
./jbidwatcher.sh
I will get this error:
./jbidwatcher.sh: line 4: java: command not found