postgresql support broken in php4 (testing)

I have a PHP script I run from the command line
(rather than from a web page) that accesses a
PostgreSQL database.  I've used it for over a year
without a problem.  Today I upgraded all my packages
against the testing distribution.  Now when I try to
run my script, I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function:  pg_connect()

I'm not sure if php4 and/or php4-pgsql were among the
packages upgraded (is there a package install history
file located somewhere?).  php4 version is 4.3.8-9 and
php4-pgsql is 4.3.8-1.  Any help is appreciated.