Re: postgresql support broken in php4 (testing)

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 12:58:23 -0700 (PDT), Gerry Jensen
<superiorteam2003@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a PHP script I run from the command line
> (rather than from a web page) that accesses a
> PostgreSQL database.  I've used it for over a year
> without a problem.  Today I upgraded all my packages
> against the testing distribution.  Now when I try to
> run my script, I get:
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function:  pg_connect()
>
> I'm not sure if php4 and/or php4-pgsql were among the
> packages upgraded (is there a package install history
> file located somewhere?).  php4 version is 4.3.8-9 and
> php4-pgsql is 4.3.8-1.  Any help is appreciated.

Hello Jenson,

First of you have to check whether your php4, php4-mysql packages are upgraded
or not. To find out the version of packges intalled release following command

# dpkg -l | grep php4

with the help of its output you can find out which package to upgrade.