How can I check if defoma is working correctly?

I install msttcorefonts and I use defoma.  I have not installed any
additional fonts other then those which came with the msttcorefonts
package. I could add more from my Windows98 directory

now in xfontsel in the "microsoft" section I see only comic san;
georgia; trebuchet; verdana; webdings, are those the only ones that come
with the msttcorefonts package?

Now if I do install others from  Win98, how do I tell defoma that new
fonts are to be included?

--
LinuxUser aka Josef Oswald linux.os@chello.at