Re: ADSL/pppoe configuration problem

easf cdscvs wrote:

Hello, I just recently installed debian, and I can't
configure my ADSL connection.
When I run the configuration in the menu, it says it
found the ethernet device,
but the next step fails, something about "access
concentrator not found" and hinting that another
proccess may be using it.
That is normal behaviour if it can't connect to an ADSL server the other end.

DDs think machines are always configured in their final location. This should work if you have an ADSL modem plugged in and that has achieved sync. It also works if you plug it into a LAN with PPPoE server software:-)

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait