IBM Compatibility

Hi
It is the first time I am subscribing to any debian list.

I have recently become a "convert" of debian and would just like to know
some things regarding ibm hardware.

I am ordering IBM G40 Thinkpads and would like to know wether they will
work nicely with debian. Googling seems to say that in general ibm
hardware will work painlessly with linux but no definitive answer on
debian or any other distro. There is also not much in terms of it not
working which I think is positive.

I am also looking at purchasing a ibm X345 server which apparently the
only problem with it, to install woody is the scsi controller. Someone
has told my though that using the hilux installer this can be fixed. Any
comments appreciated.

Groete
--
Gerhardus Geldenhuis