Re: cdrecord issues since 2.6 move

Paul Gear wrote:

Paul E Condon wrote:
On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 06:29:45PM -0500, Kevin C. Smith wrote:

Help!
Running Debian Sid on Dell Inspiron 8200. Moved to Kernel 2.6.8 and
started having failures.
####
Cdwriting fails on ISOs greater then 150MB.
I think there are "a lot of issues" with cdrecord, ide-scsi, and linux-kernel.
I do not understand what is happening, but it seems not good for "business as
usual". Think about how you can revert to 2.4.x.

I've burned several CDs greater than 150 Mb on sarge under
kernel-image-2.6.7-1-k7.  Cdrecord may complain about "badly designed
ATAPI", but it works fine for me.  Here is the relevant entry from my
/etc/cdrecord/cdrecord:
ata=            ATA:1,0,0       -1      -1      burnfree

've upgraded to 2.6.8 (for unrelated reasons); both work for me.

The more I hear from the author the less I admire him. Has anyone tried dvdrecord recently? The bloke who did the fork I do admire, but I don't know whether it's being maintained.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait