Re: USB harddrives and device associations

Darryl Clarke wrote:

Hi,

This may be a simple question, or complicated.

I have a lot of USB drives that I deal with and I'm getting quite
annoyed that whenever I switch drives the /dev/sdX association changes
too.  I started on /dev/sda and now I'm currently on /dev/sdp and I
have to edit my fstab every time I switch drives around.

Even if I put it in the same port, the associated device changes.

It seems bizarre, but with some PC hardware you need to eject /dev/sda before removing it. I have several boxes where this isn't so, one where it is.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait