Re: XFree suddenly cannot open /dev/psaux

Jay Oliveri wrote:

> Eddy wrote:
>> Hendrik Boom a écrit :
>>> InputDevice        "Configured Mouse"
>>>InputDevice        "Generic Mouse"
>>
>> By the way, I see that you have two InputDevices for probably only one
>> mouse.  I wonder why that is. In fact I had just the same and it didn't
>> bother me too much until I realised that it was responsible for wheel
>> actions being applied twice (when I rolled the whell to get to the next
>> desktop in wmaker, I ended up on the second next). I commented out the
>> Generic Mouse line in my XF86Config-4 and things are working well.
>
> I've noticed that this causes my install of X to start very slowly, and
> then appear without any mouse support. I have an intellimouse on psaux
> configured in XF86Config, but after a call to dpkg-reconfigure I have a
> new "Generic Mouse" section.. the bug is the addition on this section in
> the XF86Config file.

I've been reading the other threads on this issue and should add that I am
running kernel 2.4 and do not have a USB mouse. I ran 2.6 for a few weeks
but backed out for other reasons.

Is there a kernel option I should configure so that X gets the proper
information in the first place?

--
Jay Oliveri
GnuPG ID: 0x5AA5DD54