Re: XFree suddenly cannot open /dev/psaux

Hello

Eddy (<vive.linuxshadoko@belgacom.net>) wrote:
> Hendrik Boom a écrit :
>
>> InputDevice        "Configured Mouse"
>>InputDevice        "Generic Mouse"
>
> By the way, I see that you have two InputDevices for probably only one
> mouse.  I wonder why that is.

Default Debian configuration: one entry for the mouse device you
selected, one generic entry for USB mice. That way you can simply plug
in another USB mouse (e.g. if you use a laptop).

> In fact I had just the same and it didn't bother me too much until I
> realised that it was responsible for wheel actions being applied twice
> (when I rolled the whell to get to the next desktop in wmaker, I ended
> up on the second next). I commented out the Generic Mouse line in my
> XF86Config-4 and things are
> working well.

That's because this settings make problems with kernel 2.6. PS/2 mice
are mapped to /dev/psaux /and/ /dev/input/mice, and with both entries,
all events are registered twice. If you permanently use 2.6,
select /dev/input/mice as your mouse device. Read the kernel 2.6 input
drivers FAQ for more info:

<http://kerneltrap.org/node/view/2199>

best regards
        Andreas Janssen