Re: automating sa-learn via cyrus mailbox?

Alex Nordstrom wrote:

On Sunday, 29 Aug 2004 12:46, will@serensoft.com wrote:
so why not create a "user.spam" cyrus mailbox, BOUNCE any spams
there and have cron do some sort of automated "sa-learn --spam"
on the results, and then delete them?

I've thought about it, but not done any active investigation.
Problems I see: How much does SA depend on headers for identiying
spam in learn mode? It uses them in diagnosing spam.
not forward, bounce. of course, mutt seems like the only client
that has that feature, and my gui-happy clientele will never
use anything so arcane (or so powerful).

While KMail does have a bounce feature, it actually does what its name implies and bounces to the apparent sender. However, it also has a feature that sounds like what you speak of, called, appropriately, "redirect to". You can set it up as a filter and add it to the Apply Filter menu with a corresponding shortcut key and/or toolbar button.

My main point, of course, is that it's a feature widely not implemented. Of most interest in _my_environment are Entourage and Apple's Mail. Even if those do, I'm not confident in my ability to teach the users to get it write.

With kmail you can push mail through a program of your choice. Tbird lacks that feature, and Moz leaks memory too much for me to be bothered to try it: I won't be using it for mail anyway.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait