backup data to CD

Hello Debian-users,

 I am looking for some method to backup my data to CD. I am doing experiments,
every day there are new data folders. Let's say I put all my experiments
in /home/experiments. It is increasing every day. Also sometimes I may
change a certain file in that folder, or drag a file whose time stamp may
be very old.
 I did a full backup, and I want to do increamental backup every week. Are
there any method which is suitable for my task?  Before I write it Cd, I
'd also like to write it to another hard disk.

 I looked at tar, but it seems that it does good job using tape but not cd
or hard disk.

 Thanks for your suggestion. Please give me as detail information as possible.

Thanks a lot.
Ming