Re: Strange behaviour updating Sarge

Hi,
I haven't used much dselect not aptitude, but AFAIK apt-get utpgrade
is not the same as apt-get dist-upgrade, also, sometimes packages are
put into hold, and you need to apt-get install them specifically to
get the newest version. You can see all this form apt-get, I don't
know how dselect handles this issues, but I thing they are to be
considered.
I hope it helps you a bit