Re: PHP4 - Apache2 - MySQL What am I missing

Michael Satterwhite <michael@weblore.com> writes:

> When I try to open a web page that has mysql_connect, I get an error message
> because I used an undefined function mysql_connect. The same web page works
> fine if run on the production machine.
What do you see in the output of phpinfo()?  If the mysql module is loaded correctly,
you should see it listed in the modules list, and you should see the various settings.

If you do not see it, check to see if the mysql extension is commented out in the
/etc/php4/apache2/php.ini file.

> I've done web searches, but the only real advice I've found is to recompile
> php. If that's what's needed, I'll do it, but I'd rather stay within the
> structures of Debian.

You shouldn't need to do this.  I'm running a production server using the same setup
with no problems using the packages.
--
Douglas G. Phillips
Distributed Computing