Re: Trying to build agpgart.o with an rpm from Intel

Hi Eric,

> And I'm having no luck.  Nothing seems to be where the
> rpm wants it to be.  Is there anything I can do to
> make this rpm work?

Why would you need an RPM?  The agpgart module should be included with
any Debian kernel 2.4 package available in woody, sarge or sid (with the
possible exception of the woody boot-floppies kernel).

$ dpkg -S agpgart.o
kernel-image-2.4.26-1-k7:
/lib/modules/2.4.26-1-k7/kernel/drivers/char/agp/agpgart.o
kernel-image-2.4.27-1-k7:
/lib/modules/2.4.27-1-k7/kernel/drivers/char/agp/agpgart.o

What happens if you just run "modprobe agpgart" as root?

Now, I'm not sure whether the XFree86 in woody is new enough to
recognize current i810 boards, but maybe you can try sarge or sid.

GPG public key ID: 4F83C751                 Princeton, NJ 08544