Re: smbmount w2k3 no write access

Kevin Mark wrote:

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 04:19:52PM -0400, tqcc-list-keeper@djrossetti.com wrote:
Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get write access to the mount
bellow as a regulare user.  Its a windows 2003 server with signing off.
Everything seems to works well as root.
smbmount //downtown/sysback /mnt/smb/downtown/ -o
username=username/servername%'!password' gid=100 uid=1000

Jody
Hi Jody,
this is not an answer but is important to know:
the regular ntfs support in debian is not 100% reliable with write capability.
everyone I know only uses it with read-only access. There is an
expermental driver that supports read/write access called 'captive' but
I recall its not free/libre software and thus not in debian.
this may be helpful.
ntfsdoc - documentation about NTFS partitions format
-Kev
Read the mount-commant he's using, it's not a local disk, it's an samba-mount, so the ntfs-drivers doesn't apply :)

Sturla