Re: Ethernet card not responding after some time

Dijkman, R.M. (Remco) wrote:
Hi,
lspci shows that the card indeed has power saving abilities. However, I do not know how to turn them off. I have ACPI turned off (I could turn it back on if that helps). I also turned off all my power saving abilities in the BIOS. Still the network card says that it has power savings. BTW, I tried to change the network card as suggested by another list user, but that did not help. Regards, Remco

There are a couple of apt-gettable tools (mii-diag and nictools-pci, I think, or something similar) which may allow you to turn off the power saving stuff.

--
Kent West
westk@acu.edu