Re: New address

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:56:19 +0800
John Summerfield <debian@ComputerDatasafe.com.au> wrote:

> Only the
> most fanatical would have read all the recent mail on this list,
> especially in view of the difficulties the list has experienced.

Not to mention that it seems like in the last year or so, the traffic
on this list has *exploded*.  I used to be able to go through the
entire day's subject lines, delete the ones I *knew* I wouldn't be
interested in or able to help with, and then actually scan all the
rest.  Not anymore.  The leftovers go into an ever-increasing
"still unread" pile until I finally give up and purge everything.

Nobody here can assume that others are seeing or have seen their
posts, even if the list is working OK.  There's just too much
traffic to simply assume that anyone sees everything.

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)