Re: openafs

Ivan Glushkov(Ivan.Glushkov@desy.de) is reported to have said:
> Hi,
> all day long I am trying to install a client openafs 1.3.70 on my Debian
> 3.0 with kernel 2.6.7. Is there somwhere a simple manual how to do that?
> I downloaded the sources from
>
> http://www.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.3.70/openafs-1.3.70-src.tar.bz2
> <http://www.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.3.70/openafs-1.3.70-doc.tar.bz2>
> http://www.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.3.70/openafs-1.3.70-doc.tar.bz2
> <http://www.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.3.70/openafs-1.3.70-doc.tar.bz2>
>
> I did everything as it is described in the
> doc/html/QuickStartUnix/auqbg007.htm but, when I try:
>
> /etc/init.d/afs start
> Failed to load AFS client, not starting AFS services
>
> what does it mean? What should I do?
> I know that AFS is not commonly used, but still, if you have any idea, I
> will be greatful.
 Why not use the Debian packages?

VT3 root-3-Buddy:~# apt-cache search openafs
libpam-openafs-session - PAM Module to get AFS tokens and set up PAG
openafs-krb5 - The AFS distributed filesystem- Kerberos 5 Integration
libopenafs-dev - The AFS distributed filesystem- development libraries
libpam-openafs-kaserver - The AFS distributed filesystem- kaserver PAM module
openafs-client - The AFS distributed filesystem- client support
openafs-dbserver - The AFS distributed filesystem- database server
openafs-fileserver - The AFS distributed filesystem- file server
openafs-kpasswd - The AFS distributed filesystem- old password changing
openafs-modules-source - The AFS distributed filesystem- Module Sources

wt
--
Why doesn't DOS ever say "EXCELLENT command or filename!"