Re: New address

On (25/08/04 09:16), John Summerfield wrote:
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> From: John Summerfield <debian@ComputerDatasafe.com.au>
> Subject: Re: New address
> Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 09:16:31 +0800

>>>On (24/08/04 14:25), Tal Amir wrote:
>>> To: dougpol1@adelphia.net
>>> From: Tal Amir <tal@whatsup.org.il>
>>> Subject: Re: New address
>>> Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:25:05 +0000
>>> and the reason debian-user needs to know this is.....??
>>> watch who you writing to dude... you just managed to annoy about 10,000
>>> people, who probably have better things to do then update their address
>>> books with your new email.

>> Nicos Gollan wrote:
>>On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:25:05 +0000
>>Tal Amir <tal@whatsup.org.il> wrote:
>>and the reason debian-user needs to know this is.....??
>>Hey, maybe he wanted us all to send him confirmation? ;-)
> Maybe we should all confirm from abuse@ someplace?
> Maybe if he's too smart for that, we should all be abuse@ someplace:-)
> Cheers
> John

Enough already!  Those with better memories than Tal, Nicos, and John
will recall that dougpol1 wrote this list on August 10 (I believe) to
ask for help installing Debian on a flaky machine.  I, for one, wrote
him direct; probably others did too.  Sending his changed address
enables us to continue the correspondence.  What is there in his
behavior to warrant the incivility, which is too frequently displayed
by some on this list?