Re: php not working ....?

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 15:31:39 +0530
Nayyar Ahmed <nayyares@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hell All,
>
> I have somewhat ruuning apache/caudium on my machine ,
> when i write a simple php program it give me error that
> "no application found" to run this programe. but when i give command
>
> debian:/home/neenix# dpkg -l | grep php4
>
> ii  caudium-php4   4.3.4-4        A server-side, HTML-embedded
> scripting langu ii  php4           4.3.4-4        A server-side,
> HTML-embedded scripting langu ii  php4-cgi       4.3.4-4        A
> server-side, HTML-embedded scripting langu rc  php4-gd        4.3.4-4
>       GD module for php4
> rc  php4-pecl-ps   1.1.0-2        An extension to create PostScript
> files rc  php4-ps        1.2.2-1        An extension to create
> PostScript files
>
> plz tell me which package is missing and how can i install that as i
> wants to work in PHP and Mysql.

For mysql in php4, you will need the php4-mysql package that another
poster mentioned. However, if you're just trying a basic php program
that's not using mysql, it sounds like you have one of two problems:

1) You're trying to use the php4 module for Apache 1.3.xx series on an
Apache2 installation.

or...

2) You didn't add the correct changes to the config files in apache to
load/user the php4 module. If this is the case, try "dpkg-reconfigure
php4" and tell it yes when it asks if it can modify your
/etc/apache/httpd.conf file.

HTH,
Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #5:
Linux. Where do you want to go tomorrow?